Unlock Bootloder on the devices. Google Pixel is the simplest thing that exists. Android devices of the Other Manufactures are often harder to unlock Bootloader, but the fact that Google wanted the Nexus (now Pixel) series to be user friendly is the reason why you can easily unlock Bootloader of Pixel Phones and Tablets.
If you are using Google Pixel 2 or 3 smartphones, you can follow the following tutorial to unlock the Bootloader. Unlock bootloader on your Google Pixel device will wipe itself to all device data completely. Therefore, be sure to back up your data such as photos, videos, music and other files on your device in a safe place before start unlock Bootloader.
However, we need to well Why unlock Bootloader of the Pixel? Understand, By unlocking the Bootloader on your Pixel or Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 Smartphone, the user can enable a world of possibilities on your device. Take a look at the list below,
- Install / Flash Factory Image via Fastboot.
- Install / Flash a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Get root with SuperSU zip.
- Install Custom ROMs, MODs and other such stuff.
- Rescue device from soft-brick.
Please Get Mind: Unlock bootloader of your Google Pixel device will be lost its warranty as well as completely delete/wipe all data on the Android device so you need to make sure you backup your important data like Photos, Videos, Music and other files on the device to a safe place before starting to unlock Bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel and Pixel 2
- First,you need to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Then,you need enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your Pixel device.
- Now,you can connect your Pixel device to the PC with a USB cable.
- Then,you need to open a command window on your PC.
- Now,you can boot your Pixel device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
└ You may get a request to authorize USB debugging on the device, accept it.
- After you have turned bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot flashing unlock
- You can get a confirmation screen on your Google Pixel device. Press Volume Up button to highlight Yes and press Power button to select it. This will start the bootloader unlocking process. The process needs several minutes.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot into bootloader mode. You need to boot into a system now, either press Power button to reboot OR issue the following command:
- During reboot, your Pixel device will go through a factory reset and then finally boot into system.
That’s enough. Your Pixel device’s bootloader is now unlocked.