Rooting Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, with SuperSU is easy. Samsung Galaxy S7 is a fine-looking and powerful smart phone recently released in the market. Even it is released recent past there is quick and fast root method available. Now lets see about Rooting Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (any carrier). Always constant thing before root any device. Please Backup of your device. All the data in the internal memory including contacts, messages, videos and pictures also. So once again before Rooting Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, backup your data in to external memory chip or to a PC.
Prerequisites before forward to the root steps,
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy S7 USB drivers to the PC.
- Backup all your data.
- Must need odin v3.10.7
- Next have to enable the Developer options and OEM Unlock in your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Go and tap on Developer Options tab and make sure that USB Debugging is on.
- Need superSU.
- Device need more than 70% charged.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S7
- Install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Next download and install ADB 1.4.3 to your PC.
- Next go to your device settings screen then find Lock screen & security option. Next turn off the Secure Startup option. ( It will block SU binaries when restarting)
- Next activate developer options. then in your settings screen, you will see the new tab called developer option. Go there and find USB Debugging and enable it.
- Connect your device to PC by using your USB data cable.
- Now Open CMD as administrator. Then type adb wait-for-device and hit return. Now you have to give the authorization to continue.
- Next download the Odin. And install it to your PC.
- Download the rooted Boot image from here. (Don’t extract the tar files. Just keep them.)
- Now turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. Then you have to turn on the device again, But this time hold the Home Button and Volume Down and Power button in same time. Next you will go to download mode of the device. press volume up to select and enter to download mode.
- Now go back to Odin window of your PC. Then select AP and choose the suitable downloaded *.tar file. Next click on start button in Odin window. It will flash the boot image to your device.
- Now Restart your phone. After Restart make sure devices USB debugging mode is enable. If it not enable, make it enable.
- Download the Super SU to root your device.
- Then unzip the zip file and open root.bat file as admin. Next your device will automatically reboot after few process.
- After rebooting, if there is a message appearing “SU binary is outdated and please update”, Ignore it. Because SuperSU for this device have made from previous version of SuperSU.
This is the way to root your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. please follow the instructions as mentioned above. All the download links will embed in instruction list. All the credits goes to psouza4 (XDA member), Chain-fire (for SuperSU), Snoop05 (ADB driver), PrinceCosmy (for PrinceCosmy Odin) and markhaines1985 (For Rooted Boot images).
Have to mention Rooting will avoids your phones warranty. But you can unroot devices too. Do at your own risk. Hope you have overall understand and don’t forget to comment us your success and problems.