Hi Friends, The documentation will show you how to root Asus Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) Android smartphone easily. Step by step instruction guides on how to successfully root your Android device. So, let’s dive into the tutorial guide.
What is Root?
Root a device, simply means that you are able to get full access of your Android device. After rooting, the smartphone has the ability to customize/manage whatever you need. So, there are quite a few benefits of rooting the Asus Zenfone 5Z. So, let us see what those benefits are.
What are the Advantages of Rooting Asus Zenfone 5Z?
- The user takes control of the phone.
- Customize the user interface and control the frequency of the CPU and GPU too.
- Available various mods that can be downloadable for free.
- Install Custom Roms on your phone.
- customize the Android phone beyond limits.
and also have disadvantages of rooting your Asus Zenfone 5Z, those disadvantages are as below.
What are the disadvantages of Rooting Asus Zenfone 5Z?
- The warranty is void after rooting your device.
- Your phone could be brick and not usable anymore. (If something goes wrong)
- May arrive Performance issue
So now that you have seen the advantages and disadvantages of rooting your Asus Zenfone 5Z, Let’s see step by step procedure on how to root the phone.
Some Best Features Of ASUS Zenfone 5Z
Here are some of the specifications of the ASUS Zenfone 5Z smartphone.
- 6.2 inches display and resolution of 1080 by 2246.
- Zenfone 5Z comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- Powered by Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- 4GB/6GB/8GB Ram and 64GB/128GB/256GB Storage options.
- camera sensor- 12 MP + 120-degree wide sensor dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Battery-non-removable 3300 mAh.
How To Root Asus Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) Android Smartphone Easily?
Preparation before rooting the Zenfone 5Z:
- Charge your phone over 60%. (to avoid interruption)
- And ensure you unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone 5Z before rooting. If you don’t know, refer this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone 5Z?. (Read 7 of the part to unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone 5Z )
- Before rooting the Zenfone 5Z, do install TWRP Recovery on the phone. here are the steps to install TWRP Recovery.
Install TWRP Recovery
- First of all, download TWRP recovery image of the device
- And rename it as TWRP.img (boot.img to TWRP.img)
- download appropriate USB drivers of the Zenfone 5Z and install it on PC.
- download ADB on your PC.
- And now open the download folder – “TWRP.img“
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do it, Shift + Right-click on any empty space in the window and then select open command window.
- Next, connect your Zenfone 5Z to PC.
- The following code in the command window will help to boot your device into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- The Zenfone 5Z device will boot into the fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- Replace TWRP.img above instead the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- At that moment, it will begin flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device
- congratulations finally, you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Method-1; Root Asus Zenfone 5Z Android Phone
- The first step is, download Super SU Zip file and save it to internal or external storage of your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery or CWM recovery.
- Next, you will see some options on custom recovery interface, Tap on INSTALL or FLASH. Select the SuperSU file from the storage.
- Click on confirm Flash or Swipe to flash.
- Once the process is successful, tap on reboot option. Now the phone will reboot.
- Congratulations, you have rooted the Zenfone 5Z. You will see SuperSu app in the menu.
- Need to conform download Root checker.
Method 2; How to root Zenfone 5Z in a single click
- Firstly, you need to download an app KingoRoot on your Zenfone 5Z.
- Install the App on the phone.
- Open the KingoRoot and click on ” One Click Root”.
- Your Zenfone 5Z has root access now.
- Finally, Need to conform download Root checker.
- Try the Kingroot PC method, if this process fails to root your phone.
Related Article- Best Way To Root Samsung Galaxy M40 Android Smartphone.
Method 3; How to root your Zenfone 5Z with PC
- You Need to download Wondershare TuneGo App on your PC.
- And charge the phone more than 60% before proceeding.
- Next, enable USB DEBUGGING in the setting. (steps here)
- Open up the application on your computer.
- Now plug your Asus Zenfone 5Z to your computer using a data cable.
- once plugged your device, you need to click on One Click Android Root option.
- Process for rooting the phone will start. And after a few minutes, the Zenfone 5Z will have root access.
Here is the full guide to rooting your device using Wondershare TuneGo App watch below video