Hi,Friends,We all use Smart Devices(Smart Phones & Tablets) on these days for varies purposes, actually we can’t live without smart Smart devices. When we use a Phone for a long while, the device generally feels slower sometimes. This happens because of your device RAM (Random Access Memory), is getting filed with lots of temporary files. Once the limit is reached and when you don’t have enough space on the RAM, the device sucks. This issue is simply fixable with tiny actions.
At the top part (below) of this article, I will be explaining you the magical method that increases your device by using a Micro SD Root access on your device. And then if you are not interested in rooting your Android device, I have added some tips to optimize your RAM for better performance.
You can Root your Android device easily and safely with most user friendly Root Software given as below,
- 1 What is RAM in mobile?
- 2 How To Increase Ram Of Android Phone Using Memory Card – Root access required
- 3 How to increase the device RAM – No Root
What is RAM in mobile?
What is RAM in mobile? There are no different between RAM in mobile and RAM in PC rather than the physical different. But so many Android users frequently ask what is RAM in mobile?
RAM is a physical hardware component that temporarily store data for us when something is on process. For example, when you are editing a video, both the video and the editing App are in the device RAM for the moment, later on only this files are being stored to the Storage. So, you would have understand the more RAM you have the more work can be done. With more RAM you can do many things at the same time. You can use your browser with many tabs opened, use many Apps at the same time, easy to edit larger video files and much more you can do.
But the problem you face with the RAM is that the RAM will not always clear out all the things from it and also the Apps don’t always totally be closed. Some of the apps and system programs runs even when you don’t need them to be performing and some other Apps don’t be completely cleaned up when the Apps are quitted. After a while when the RAM is filed with such files the system will output noticeable results such as lacking performance, lagging and stuttering and the device crashing.
As the RAM is an internal physical component of your device, you can’t just be stick more of it. What you can do is, always use it more efficiently and also you have option to handle it with some clever tricks to create up some more space for the RAM from other kinds of storage.
How To Increase Ram Of Android Phone Using Memory Card – Root access required
Now you all know what is a RAM in mobile? And what it does? And now I will show you how to save space on RAM to increase productivity. I will be explaining you how to magically obtain extra memory with rooted Android device. Always keep in mind, the more your device is working is the more the RAM is being used.
Now lets get to the action, this is the main part that I’m willing to let you know. In this section I will explain you how to increase your RAM with a rooted device, this is extremely awesome that you can really increase the amount of your RAM without adding a physical RAM. That sounds nice, this trick involves creating a partition on your SD card and this will act like a secondary source of RAM. To get the job done the ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) App will help us, download the App from Google Play Store.
This is how the Google Play Store describes the ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) App
- Free SD card memory as a RAM use (SWAP RAM / SWAP MEMORY)
- Swapfile RAM expansion up to 4.0 GB (file system limit)
- No limit on SWAP partition!
- The usual performance degradation when paged not occur with SD card from class-8
- Widget for PNP swap (swap on / off swap)
- Detailed Memory Information & Analysis
- Swappiness kernel parameter set
- Easy foolproof use (1 click optimization and automatic calculation)
- Supporting Tung all Android devices (root access and Kernelswap support)
In the process you will at least need a 4GB SD card, but still for great result you can get with a higher capacity one.
Check the compatibility of your device
You might have to make sure that your device is compatible for ROEHSOFT RAM Expander before you trying it on your device.
- For this first of all download MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check
- Now open the App and give it SuperUser rights.
- Then click start ramexpander test here at the bottom of the screen.
- And select the SD-card or Ext SD-card.
- Then press Click for result.
- If Congratulations appears, your device is compatible with the RAM expander
If your device is compatible with SWAP,
- Download and install the ROEHSOFT RAM-EXPANDER (SWAP) app on your device
- Once the App is installed on your device, start the App
- Then provide Root permissions and select your language on the App
(English, German or French)
- Now use the slider to select the amount of space that you want to dedicate for your SWAP partition.
- Tap optimal value to automatically get the adjusted settings for your device for the best result.
- And make sure that Autorun also should be enabled.
- With all the above steps are perfectly concerned the last thing you have to do is tap Swap Activ to complete the process.
Once you have done with the procedure, now your system should have more RAM, and will performe better with the extra piece of the RAM.
- After this procedure the SD Card is no longer accessible from a computer anymore.
How to increase the device RAM – No Root
Now if you are not willing to Root your Android device, I will show you how to save space on RAM to increase productivity. I will be explain you some tips for non-rooted Android devices. With these kind of non-Rooted Android devices we help you to make use of the whole RAM that you get with the device, even if it is not possible to magically obtain extra memory like with rooted Android device. Always keep in mind, the more your device is working is the more the RAM is being used. So the basic is, if you can reduce the things running on the device then you can free up more memory for the tasks that you really care about.
Limit widgets and live wallpapers
The widgets and live wallpapers both are for sure going to eat up the space on your RAM. Most of the Widgets and Live wallpapers are refreshed often and while some are continuously active all the day. This also cause your battery to drain faster. So make sure you always limit the number of widgets and get rid with live wallpaper to optimize your current RAM space and increase productivity.
Some of the Apps consume the RAM when they are not even in use, by this your RAM is unnecessarily consumed without any usage. You can prevent from this by organizing which apps should and shouldn’t perform in the background, this is really worth it to massively improve your smartphone performance.
That is simple to disable an application, go to Settings and then Apps or Application Manager and select the all tab, this will get you the list of all the Apps that are currently installed on your device. You just have to tap on an App and then tap Disable and Confirm to disable it. But one thing important is just be careful here, that you should not disable everything and anything that is important for the system. If something you does wrong here you could end up with an unstable device. You should have understood and specific App before you disable it, but most of Apps that was not pre-installed on your device are safe to disable and even it is worth to totally delete if anything that you will never use.
I hope this little piece will definitely help you to enhance your device performance. That’s all I wanted share about expanding your RAM, I guess this might really useful for you guys, let me know through the comment section, if anything else that you know that can provide a solution for this issue.