As we all are using Android handsets these days it is a must to know that how to enter into recovery mode on your Android device. This is extremely important, whether it could be stock recovery or a custom recovery. By booting into recovery mode options you can make so many changes on your device and also perform several important operations.
This is why I have made this step by step guide to make things easy for you. By getting use with below explained methods, you can boot into recovery mode on any of the Android device model, also you can access with both the rooted and none rooted Android devices.
This guide can provide you solution for any of the Android based handset, so this is definitely a universal tutorial. As already I stated above, in this guide I have provided three types of methods, one is suitable for locked Android devices, the next one is for unlocked devices, while the last one is for the rooted devices. Of course, at the end of this guide, our goal is to teach you how to easily boot into recovery mode on any of the Android device.
All these methods that are mentioned on this guide are been tested by our team and other Android users, this the operations are working perfect.
Each time you buy an Android Handset, whether it is a tablet or smartphone, it will be definitely installed with a build in recovery image, which is known as stock recovery image. This recovery too is used by those people who want to perform update operations, backup procedures and optimization and maintenance their devices. Well, with all these things apart, if you want to do more from with your Android device, such like tweaking its performance and all, then at any time you can replace the stock recovery with a custom recovery image such like TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery. But still if you want to fully supported by custom tools, then you will have to definitely root your Android device first.
Rooting your Android device, will avoid its warranty, but still it offers much thigs for you than needing to keep the warranty.
Always make sure, you handle things carefully and try not to mess things up, if so you could end up with bricking your smartphone or the tablet.
- 1 How to Enter Recovery Mode on Locked Android handsets
- 2 How to Enter Recovery Mode on Unlocked Android handsets
- 2.1 How to Boot Samsung devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.2 How to Boot Google Pixel or Nexus Devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.3 How to Boot LG Devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.4 How to Boot HTC devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.5 How to Boot Motorola devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.6 How to OnePlus devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.7 How to Huawei devices into Recovery Mode
- 2.8 Common method to boot into recovery mode:
- 3 How to Enter Recovery Mode on Rooted Android devices
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Locked Android handsets
If your handset is locked, this method is for you people.
- Use ADB, so the Android SDK and Fastboot will be installed on your PC.
- Once you install and setup ADB, now connect your device into the computer.
- Use an original USB cable to establish the connection.
- Then, on the computer navigate to the folder where the Fastboot and Android SDK are installed.
- Open Command Prompt window in this folder.
(press Shift key on your PC + Right-click anywhere in the folder and choose Open Command Prompt)
- Then, in the command window simply enter the below command
adb reboot recovery
- Now, your handset will automatically be rebooted into recovery mode.
You may also like:
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Unlocked Android handsets
How to Boot Samsung devices into Recovery Mode
You can put Samsung Galaxy devices in recovery mode, by following these steps:
- Power off your Samsung galaxy device first.
- Then press and hold Power key + Home key + Volume Up key simultaneously.
- Keep holding the buttons in the combination till the Samsung logo appears on the screen
- Once the device reboots, you are now in the recovery mode.
- Then you can press the Volume Up and Down button to highlight the options and make selections by pressing the Power button.
How to Boot Google Pixel or Nexus Devices into Recovery Mode
You can put Google Pixel and Nexus devices in Recovery mode by following these steps:
- Power off your Google Pixel or Nexus device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down keys at the same time
- Now the device will enter Fastboot / Bootloader Mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to make the selection, and then press the Power button to boot into recovery.
- Now, the Recovery mode menu will be displayed.
How to Boot LG Devices into Recovery Mode
You can put your LG Devices in recovery mode by following these steps:
- Power off your LG handset.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons at the time.
- Once you get to a menu leave pressing the buttons.
- Now you navigate to the Recovery mode by using the Volume keys and make the choice with Power Key.
How to Boot HTC devices into Recovery Mode
You can put your HTC One Series Devices into recovery mode by following these steps:
- First of all, you must disable Fastboot of your HTC device by entering Settings > Battery and disabling Fastboot.
- Now, turn off your HTC Handset.
- Then, press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons to gather.
- Hold those buttons until you get to Recovery mode menu
- Then navigate with the options and press the Power button to enter.
How to Boot Motorola devices into Recovery Mode
You can put your Motorola Droid Devices into recovery mode by following these steps:
- Power off the Motorola Droid series device
- Press and hold Power + Home keys at the same time until the device pops up with a menu
- Now, navigate to Recovery mode and enter it by pressing the Power button.
How to OnePlus devices into Recovery Mode
You can put your OnePlus Devices into recovery mode by following these steps:
- Turn down the OnePlus Handset.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Leave pressing the buttons once the OnePlus logo disappear on the screen.
- Now the OnePlus handset will boot into Recovery mode.
How to Huawei devices into Recovery Mode
You can put your Huawei Devices into recovery mode by following these steps:
- Switch off the Huawei Handset.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button.
- You will notice the Huawei logo and then will enter Recovery mode.
- Release the buttons once you enter into Recovery mode.
If your Android handset model is not mentioned above, then you can try the method that is given below. If this either is not working for you, then you can visit the official support page of your device brand.
Common method to boot into recovery mode:
- Turn off you Handset.
- Then, reboot your device by pressing the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Keep the buttons holding for a short while and then release the same (Few seconds).
- Now the recovery mode menu should be displayed on the screen.
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Rooted Android devices
- First of all, you should download and install Quick Boot tool into your rooted Android.
- Once the Quick Boot tool is successfully installed, run it.
- Now on the App screen you can choose from: Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off.
- Choose Recovery here.
- That’s it, your device will now reboot into recovery mode.
Great job, now you know how to get into recovery mode on any of the Android based handset. If you are willing to anything more about this subject, always feel free to contact us, just email us or use the comment section below here. Also, if you want obtain more useful guides and information about Android, make sure to subscribe to our website. We will only be delivering tested guides and tutorials on our web page.
That’s it. Good luck.