Generally, Websites Notifications run to inform to their users to know new updates. It is important role to know and get new updates of the loved websites to the audience. However,Most websites these days have been “abused” of this feature to the point of being bombarded with Websites Notifications. Finally, Websites Notifications disturb your browsing experience and distract your attention.
You can proscribe permission while a website request you to send notifications. You just have to do it for each website. So, would not it be great if it could prevent websites from sending notifications completely?This documentation will explain you Better Way to Disable Annoying Notifications on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and More easily
This is how you can do that.
- 1 Better Way to Turn Off Google Chrome Notifications
- 2 Better Way to Turn Off Chrome Notifications on Android/iOS
- 3 Better Way to Turn Off Safari Notifications on iOS
- 4 Better Way to Turn Off Mozilla Firefox Notifications
- 5 Better Way to Turn Off Opera Notifications
- 6 How to Turn Off Microsoft Edge Notifications
Better Way to Turn Off Google Chrome Notifications
To stopped the annoying website notifications on Chrome productively,you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all,you need to click the three-dot menu button on the right and click on Settings of your Device.
- Then, you should scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Now,you need to find and click on Content Settings.
- Then,you should click Notifications.
- Now,you need to toggle Ask before sending to the left and disable it.
- After above steps should display Blocked, indicating that notifications from all the websites will be blocked by default of your device.
Once you have finished above steps,you can know the websites that you’ve allowed to send notifications earlier. If you require to block web notifications from those websites, here’s how you can do it.
- You need to scroll down to the Allow section.
- Now,you should tap the menu button next to the website you want to disallow notifications from.
- Then,you need to select Remove.
Wow,Removed website/websites will be no able to send you notifications furthermore.
Better Way to Turn Off Chrome Notifications on Android/iOS
Blocking of website notifications on Chrome for Android and iOS is completely similar to operation of Chrome on the desktop. Here’s how.
- First of all,open Chrome on your Android device or iPhone.
- Then.you need to tap the three-dot overflow menu button and click Settings.
- Now,you should tap Site settings > Notifications.
- Then,you should toggle the Notifications switch to disable it.
Better Way to Turn Off Safari Notifications on iOS
It is similar to blocking of notifications on Mac, the website notifications also slide out from the top right corner.
Safari makes it easy process to avoid websites in in notifications. Here is how to block notifications from websites runs by Safari Browser.
- Basically,you need to click Safari > Preferences from your Mac’s menu bar.
- Now,you need to click on the Websites tab.
- Then,yoy can select Notifications from the sidebar.
- Finally,you need to uncheck the box where it says Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notifications.
After you enable required setting, websites will no longer prompt you to send notifications.
As with Chrome, you can Allow or Deny individual websites to send you notifications, over-riding this global setting.
Better Way to Turn Off Mozilla Firefox Notifications
Firefox does not allow you to disable notifications from websites from the normal configuration window. To change this configuration, you must immerse yourself in the hidden page on: Firefox settings.
Here’s how you can do that.
- Basically,you need to type about:config in the address bar and press enter.
- Now,you should click on I accept the risk.
- Then,you should type “notifications” in the Search bar.
- Now,you need to find and double-click on dom.webnotifications.enabled.
- That is all,Its preference value will now be changed to false, indicating that website notifications have been disabled.
If you have already received a permission on a website to get notifications, you can configure it and so on the Firefox settings page.
- Now,you need to go to Firefox > Preferences.
- Then,you need to click Privacy & Security from the sidebar.
- Now,you should click the Settings button beside Notifications.
- Then, you should see the list of websites that have requested to send you notifications. You need click to Allow or Deny and configure the setting for each website.
Better Way to Turn Off Opera Notifications
Opera Browser has to be very easy to deactivate the websites so that they do not show you notifications. Here is how to disable notifications for websites in Opera.
- Basically,you need to open Opera > Preferences.
- Then,you can click Websites from the sidebar.
- Now,you should scroll to the bottom and find the Notifications section.
- Then,you should select Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications.
To configure notifications on a per-website basis, click on Manage Exceptions. Here, you can Allow or Deny individual websites from sending you notifications.
Note that doing so will override the global setting configured above.
How to Turn Off Microsoft Edge Notifications
Understand, Edge does not allow you to disable notification requests from the website completely. However, you still can not configure notifications by website.
- First of all.you click the menu icon and select Settings.
- Then,you need too find Advanced settings > Website permissions.
- Now, you can configure permission for websites.
Microsoft adds an option to disable notification requests completely in Edge. Until then, you will have to deal with these ads per site. However, at least it seems to remember your preference for the current website.