Best Alternative Keyboard for your Android
Most of the users are still not satisfy with the stock offering as Android offers the best flexibility to easily replace the keyboard to get a different out-performance. There is now a big array of third party keyboards to choose from, each comes with their own benefits and drawbacks.
Why you want a change?
Reasons to look for a replacement differ from one to the other. In most of the cases users do not satisfy themselves with what Android stock offers. Everyone is looking for a change, a smarter way with easy handling. Poor handling of auto-correct, buttons in unusual or irregular places, touch problems, repeated tapping, layouts, letter size, and speed are some of the reasons to understand why you might want a change in your keypad.
In fact it is a good way to give your device a boost, with advanced and polished keyboard applications available for Android. And it is absolutely worth testing out with third party options rather than stick with pre-loaded keyboard options comes with your Android gadget. As we discussed above let’s see which is the best keyboard for your requirement among a vast collection of amazing features.
- No mistakes with Google Keyboard.
- It supports gesture typing for both individual words and entire sentences.
- Built-in text expansion that letting you set up “text shortcuts” for long words that you use regularly.
- Personalized predictive text.
- Language support for about 25 different languages.
- Improved international layouts.
- Free to user.
- Minimalist style.
- Artistic themes.
- Comes with customization options like different keyboard layouts and different colors for the row numbers make Fleksy unique with its features.
- Ability to make keyboard invisible.
- Fleksy offers badges and awards to encourage user to learn about all the included options in Flesky.
- Popular as fastest and specially designed for tap-typists.
- Multiple language support.
- Free in app purchases.
- This is not a traditional QWERTY keyboard.
- Layout is designed for speed and accuracy.
- Most commonly used letters are placed on 9 large keys, with the other letters being activated by making sliding gestures.
- Possible to type up to 82 words per minute.
- Works surprisingly well as a gesture-typing keyboard.
- Now it comes preloaded on a large number of Android devices.
- One of the most accurate keyboards users find.
- Large user-base of more than 250 million people.
- It is the best keyboard for speed typists and it holds the Guinness world record for the “Fastest time to type a text message”.
- Comes with text-to-speech dictation.
- More customization options.
- It is free to try and then you have to pay a little to get everything inside the app, and must say it is absolutely worth paying as you can experience best and accurate typing with Adaptxt Keyboard.
- Support for more than 90 languages.
- Adaptxt includes location based suggestions, corrections and predictions.
- Plenty of great themes and loads of personality.
- Comes with standard options like text prediction and emojis.
- This is ideal for those who appreciate good looks and functionality.
- Support for multiple languages.
- Voice input.
- Includes a smart dictionary.
- Predictive typing.
- Lets users adjust the height of the keys, making them smaller or larger depending on the size of your digits.
- SwiftKey is known as one of the longstanding Android keyboards since its launch of 2010.
- It has been around for years and keeps getting better and improved with time.
- It comes pre-installed on a wide range of Android devices.
- Its biggest attraction is its predictive text assistance.
- High level of accuracy.
- SwiftKey is free to user and if you want additional themes or customization features, you will need to pay a little.
- Finest typing speed and best for multiple languages.
- Variety of size and layout options.
- Included “Intriguing thumb mode” which creates a space between the left and the right half of the keyboard.
- This is known as the all rounder Keyboard app for Android.
- It has some of the highest Google play user ratings.
- Packed with themes, Emoji, emoticons and more.
- Supporting more than 60 languages.
- Capable of adding special characters and sounds.
- Custom-designed layouts and colors.
- Offers word correction, suggestions, shortcuts, voice to text and swiping to type.
- This keyboard app looks great on tablets too.
- One of the most full-featured keyboards with customizable alternatives.
- Ability to adjust the size of the keyboard on the screen while you are writing.
- Fast and responsive.
- Smartest and most personalized.
- Extensive customizable options.
- It offers word prediction, auto-correction and auto-completion.
- More than 800 emojis to support for dozens of languages.
- It is one of the smallest keyboards you find and it can be expanded into a traditional sized keyboard for those who need Minuum experience in somewhat a larger size.
- Predictive text feature is highlighting.
- Minuum supports multiple languages and layouts.
- You will find nearly 900 emojis.
- Loyal user base.
- It is known as the space-saver.
- For first 30 days it is free to the user to give it a try, then it will cost a little for the whole package.
Do you prefer a more traditional typing or else looking for a keyboard stands over the QWERTY on your Android? Whatever the choice you are having, you have a wide collection to select from. It is not difficult at all to change the keyboard you are having into what you prefer.
They all are downloadable from the Google Play Store and then you have go to settings > Language and Input > Current Keyboard and make the needed changes as it requires. Then any kind of typist can find the best alternative according to the need.
Feedback will appriciate