There are some best of backup storage service providers for your attention. This article is all about comparing those service providers and making a comprehensive list of all the backups cloud storage service apps for Android.
This article is going to show the top 5 backup cloud storage services for Android from the Google Play Store. I will be diving straight into the different categories right now.
What cloud storage is? Cloud storage is a storage space that you can use to save your media such as videos, pictures as well as, digital documents like word, excel, and more. The files that you saved are stored on a different location which is handled by the storage provider. An internet connection is needed to use cloud storage. Otherwise, you won’t have any means to access your cloud storage without a capable device and an internet connection.
Finding the right price for the right amount of storage is important. Not a lot of users are going to store one terabyte of data in their cloud storage, but it gives peace of mind to those who like to bulk store pictures online. So, finding the right deal becomes important for many different reasons.
I’m only listing prices for the basic yet comparable plans for each of these services. Some of them are quite expensive in my opinion while others are very reasonable.
Most of the people want free storage capability to store their photos and videos. Not many are ready to paying a yearly subscription fee to cloud storage service providers unless they have a lot of data to store like old memories. So all the freeloaders can find the best service with ease.
One of the advantages, though, is you can share files between various devices easily among these cloud storage services. If you will be set up, automatically uploading images and documents created on your Android will create almost instant access to your computer.
MEGA gots top of the Cloud storage charts by giving a large 50 GB of storage space for free to every new user. This is a lot of storage place especially when you compare this MEGA service with other cloud services available and if you are a free user, I highly recommend that you check this MEGA app first.
- Non-Paying Accounts: Free 50 GB Cloud Storage
- Premium Plan: Starts price point at $ 5.49 /mo for 200 GB Storage.
- File Size Restrictions: The service also imposes no restrictions on the file sizes but it imposes a monthly file size transfer quota starting at 1 TB.
- Supported OS: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone
Google Drive is another one of the best cloud collaboration tools out there but is lacking when it comes to syncing features, security, and backup options. I think most of you heard this but you don’t get the full services on it. While Google Drive maybe one of the best storage solutions around, it is certainly not the generous of the lot because that 15 GB is divided between your Google Drive, Google Photos, and your emails in Gmail.
- Non-Paying Accounts: Free 15 GB Cloud Storage
- Premium Plan: Starts price at $ 1.79 /mo for 100 GB Storage.
- File Size Restrictions: 5 TB for every other file except Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. For those, there is a 50 MB file size limit.
- Supported OS: Android, and iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux.
Box has been around for a while now and has been generally a great storage option. This service only gives 10 GB of storage space for free.
- Non-Paying Accounts: Free 10 GB Cloud Storage
- Premium Plan: Starts price at $ 5.80 /mo for 100 GB Storage.
- File Size Restrictions: There is a 250 MB file size restriction for the free accounts. There are no such restrictions for the paid ones, though.
- Supported OS: Android, Ios, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
SpiderOak is a highly secure means to backup or distributes files between multiple computers via cloud storage. It focuses mainly on desktop systems, but now if you are wanting to secure mobile devices should try this. This service provides 21 days free trial with 250 GB for new users.
- Non-Paying Accounts: 250 GB of free storage for 21 days.
- Premium Plan: Starts price at $ 6 /mo for 150 GB Storage.
- File Size Restrictions: Limited to 10 GB.
- Supported OS: PCs, Mac, iOS, and Android
pCloud is a secure and easy-to-use cloud service that lets your storage space up to 10GB for free, offers lifetime plans for up to 2TB and generally will make storing files easier than most of the competition. Though it’s not completely without its flaws, we won’t hesitate to recommend it to most people.
- Non-Paying Accounts: Free 10 GB Cloud Storage
- Premium Plan: Starts price at $ 3.99 /mo for 500 GB Storage.
- File Size Restrictions: The service also imposes no restrictions on the file sizes.
- Supported OS: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.