Top Best Method to Root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
The Redmi Y1 Lite is launched by Xiaomi on the November 2017. As you might know the Redmi Y1 Lite has some of the key features stand on and fight the market. If you own one of Redmi Y1 Lite as well as searching for a way to root Redmi Y1 Lite, then this is the best place achieve what you want. How To Root Redmi Y1 Lite Article is divided into sections as Unlock the Bootloader, Install TWRP and root Redmi Y1 Lite.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite is an Android device which is specially designed for those budget buyers. When considering the Specifications, the Redmi Y1 Lite is powered with a Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 Quad-core processor. The Redmi Y1 Lite is packed with a 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal Storage. Also the Redmi Y1 Lite has 3080 mAh battery and all of these are been used with the Android 7.0 Nougat OS.
While rooting the Redmi Y1 Lite, it allows you to open some of the gates on your handset which are currently not possible with the stock OS. Also, with root access you can do some extraordinary things in your Redmi Y1 Lite such as you can Remove Bloatware (Unwanted pre-installed System Apps), install Kali Linux, System Tweaks, and enable impressive Gestures. In case if you aren’t satisfied with built in Android Nougat, then you can simply install a Custom ROM with the help of TWRP Recovery.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
How To Root Redmi Y1 Lite includes three step such as bellow,
- Unlock the Bootloader
- Install TWRP
Now let’s Root Redmi Y1 Lite. You might follow the steps carefully to get the job done and the procedure is conducted with the help of a PC and you need to follow all three steps. Keep in mind that rooting Xiaomi Phones is a much easier process when compared with other brands. The only serious part of the procedure is unlocking the bootloader of the device, as it takes some time and the rooting process is simple which takes a little bit of time. Follow the steps without any confusions and once after everything is done, install SuperSU on your Redmi Y1 Lite to manage the root permissions.
Now, simply get through the list of pre requirements to root Redmi Y1 Lite as below. Once you have fulfilled all of them, you can then proceed towards the instructions to root Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Get a Whole backup of the Redmi Y1 Lite, so that you do not have the risk of losing the data
- Install ADB and fastboot on your PC if you have not install
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Redmi Y1 Lite
- Enable OEM unlocking on your Redmi Y1 Lite
(Go to settings > Developer Options > enable OEM Unlocking here)
- Make sure to charge your device at least up to 50%.
HOW TO ROOT REDMI Y1 LITE|COMPLETE GUIDE
STEP 1.UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER OF REDMI Y1 LITE
The first and the most important thing to consider before rooting your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite is unlocking its bootloader. Almost all the Xiaomi phone are built with a locked bootloader. So, first of all we have to unlock the bootloader. Nothing to worry, as unlocking the bootloader is not that big deal. Carefully follow the below guide to Unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Y1 Lite.
Before you do, download and install Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite USB Driver and ADB Fastboot Drivers from the links provided above in the download section in order connect your Redmi y1 Lite with the PC.
STEP 2.INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON REDMI Y1 LITE
Once the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite is unlocked all things that comes next are pretty much easy. Now, just boot your Redmi Y1 Lite into the bootloader mode and provide all the commands that I have provided in the below guide.
- Download the TWRP Recovery from the above download link.
- Once the TWRP file is downloaded, store it to the ADB Folder.
- Then in the folder where you have stored your downloaded twrp recovery open command window.
(Pressing Shift Key & Right Click of your mouse simultaneously. Then from the options, Choose Open Command Window Here.)
- Now, connect your Redmi Y1 Lite into the computer using the USB Cable.
- Then in the command windows, Enter the below command to check whether your Redmi Y1 Lite is connected good or not.
- If the Redmi Y1 Lite is shown here in the command window then you are ready to move forward.
- Now type in the next command to boot the Redmi Y1 Lite into Fasboot mode.
adb reboot fastboot
- Then as the final step is to flash TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Y1 Lite, type in the below command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now the TWRP Recovery will be installed on to your device within few seconds.
- Once the TWRP is successfully installed, you can simply reboot your device to make use of recovery, enter the command to do so
That’s all! This is how to flash TWRP Recovery into your Redmi Y1 Lite within few minutes of time. Now, let’s move ahead and flash SuperSU in order to root the Redmi Y1 Lite.
STEP 3.ROOT REDMI Y1 LITE WITH SUPERSU
Rooting your Redmi Y1 Lite is really a simple process once you have successfully installing TWRP Recovery on it. All you have to do is, just flash the downloaded SuperSU Flashable zip file into the device and you are done.
- Download SuperSU Zip file from the above link in the Downloads section.
- Move the downloaded SuperSU in the internal storage of the Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Now, boot your Redmi Y1 Lite into TWRP Recovery.
(Power off your device, Press Power on button + Volume up button to boot into Recovery mode)
- Once you are in the Recovery interface. Choose Install option from the Menu and navigate to the SuperSU.zip file where you have placed it.
- Then, it will take a few seconds to flash it on your Redmi Y1 Lite.
- After installation Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Now simply click the Reboot Option to get back into the system.
So, now you have successfully root Redmi Y1 Lite and has grant root access on it. If you want to further confirm whether your Redmi Y1 Lite is rooted or not, you can simply check it with Root Checker App.
If you face any problems with our Root guide, please feel free to let us know them through the comment section.
Once you have successfully rooted your Redmi Y1 Lite:
Top 20 Best Root Apps For Rooted Android Devices