- 1 Top Best Method To Root Moto Z2 Productively
Top Best Method To Root Moto Z2 Productively
Follow our simplest method to root Moto Z2 Play and enjoy root apps, customize your device and much more as your needs. This tutorial will be explaining you how to flash TWRP and root Moto Z2 Play.
The Moto Z2 Play is an upgrade to the last year’s Moto Z Play. This is upgrade that in improved with both the hardware and software. When considering the upgrades the Moto Z2 Play comes packed a Snapdragon 626 Octa-core processor clocked at 2.2 GHz, a 12 MP dual-LED camera with f/1.7, USB 3.1 support and many more things comes new. Even the updated model is not much vary from the original previous one, it is worth to buy it because it is featured with Moto mods and Android Nougat 7.1.1 out of the box. Also the Moto Z2 Play is upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo.Aim of this article is explained about Top Best Method To Root Moto Z2 Productively.
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Moto Z2 Play
As the Moto Z2 Play is packed in with some decent amount of hardware in it, it is really possible to give a nice boost to performance and battery life by root Moto Z2 Play. Once you Root Moto Z2 Play, you will have a total control over the system and you gain to do maximum customizations internally without any boundaries.
As I have been consistent root user for a long period, I always say that it is definitely worth it. Rooting gives you a huge freedom to achieve almost anything with your Android device and you can enjoy features and apps from different OEMs for your device. Rooting will let you freely modify your Android device’s software without any boundaries from the manufacturer. So, if you are prepared and ready to root Moto Z2 Play, just go ahead and do it right now!
In the below procedure to Root Moto Z2 Play, first of all we will be installing TWRP recovery on to the Moto Z2 Play. Which will also help you to install mods, ROMs, kernels and also flash the root package to root Moto Z2 Play.
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Moto Z2 Play
We have divided the tutorial into some individual parts for a better understanding of the whole procedure. You should understand that rooting for the first time is a bit confusing, frustrating and at the same time very time-consuming. But when you carefully follow the below guide, it would be much easier and safe with small amount of time.
Now, simply go through the list of pre requirements below. Once you have fulfilled all of them, you can then proceed towards the instructions to root Essential Phone.
- Get a full backup of the Moto Z2 Play, so that you do not have the risk of losing the data
- Install ADB and fastboot on your PC if you have not install
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Moto Z2 Play
- Enable OEM unlocking on your Moto Z2 Play
(Go to settings > Developer Options > enable OEM Unlocking here)
- Make sure to charge your device at least up to 50%.
Unlock the Bootloader of Moto Z2 Play
In order install TWRP and Root Moto Z2 Play, you will have to first unlock the bootloader of the device. Luckily, you can do it real quick and easy with the following tutorial linked below. Unlocking the bootloader of your Moto Z2 Play will enable you to get with fastboot commands which is required to flash the TWRP custom recovery on your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto Smartphones
Install TWRP Recovery on to Moto Z2 Play
Currently an unofficial TWRP is available for Moto Z2 Play through a XDA member Santhosh M. Root Moto Z2 Play is possible only because of him.
- Download the TWRP Recovery image from the above link in the downloads section
- Copy the downloaded TWRP file to C:\adb, where the fastboot binaries are in present.
- Now, connect your Moto Z2 Play into the PC using a USB cable.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging in order get connected with the PC.
- Once the device is connected good with the PC, open command prompt window and enter the command below in order to reboot your Moto Z2 Play into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- When your phone boots into fastboot mode, immediately enter the next command below to flash TWRP on to Moto Z2 Play.
fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.1.1-0_albus.img
- It would immediately be flashed to the Moto Z2 Play within a minute. Once it is done, reboot your device using the command.
That’s it! Now you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Moto Z2 Play. Now let’s Root Moto Z2 Play using Magisk.
Root Moto Z2 Play using Magisk
Now, the final step to root Moto Z2 Play is to root with Magisk flashable ZIP file. The Magisk not only provides root solution and a dedicated root management interface for Moto Z2 Play, it also allows you to install modules that could impressively customize your Moto Z2 Play with a few taps.
- Download the Magisk with above link in the download files.
- Transfer the file into the internal storage of the Moto Z2 Play.
- Then, connect your Moto Z2 Play with the PC again.
- Open the command prompt and use the command to reboot your Moto Z2 Play into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery\
- As soon as your Moto Z2 Play gets into TWRP, tap on the Install button and navigate to the Magisk flashable zip file on the device to root Moto Z2 Play
- Browse the storage and select the “Magisk-14.0.zip” file. Swipe the button on the bottom of the screen to flash Magisk and root Moto Z2 Play.
- Once it is flashed finally, press the Reboot system button on the screen to reboot into system
That’s it! You have now successfully install TWRP and Root Moto Z2 Play with Magisk pretty easily. Now you can go ahead and optimize your Moto Z2 Play’s performance and battery life using specific apps and tweaks that require root permissions.
If you have any trouble during this tutorial, just leave a comment below and we will are waiting to help you with our best.