Top Best Method To Root Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel / Nexus Devices | Guide
The Android 8.0 Oreo was launched last week with the support for limited number of devices. The Android version is really awesome with some cool features such as background limits, Vitals for better battery life, boot time reduce, new cool app icons and so one. Still though the Android is packed up with great new features and boosts, you can make even better by just rooting the OS.
I’m writing this guide for the Google Pixel and Nexus users, cheer up, we found the best way to Root your Google Pixel/Nexus. Rooting is the most popular way to enhance your device performance and increase the productivity of your Android Device. This simple procedure gets you more with your device. Before starting anything else you need to unlock your device Bootloader first, read How to unlock Bootloader.
Why should you Root your Device?
Once you Root your Android Device, you have the ability to install Root only apps, run verity of Custom ROMs and many more.
All the apps, tools and Custom ROM you use mentioned in the tutorial are from different developers, we don’t take any responsibility for your device during this process. You have to proceed on your own risk and get your device rooted. Also remember, we are not forcing you to get through this guide.
Android 8.0 (Oreo) Features
The Android Oreo now has been launched for Google Nexus 5X, Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C and Nexus 6P devices and unexpectedly dropped support for Google Nexus 6. Now let’s look into some important changes of Android Oreo.
- Vitals for better Battery life
- Notification Dots
- Boots very fast (nearly 2× faster)
- Picture-in-picture mode
- Auto Enable Wi-Fi option
- Pinned shortcuts and widgets
- Stunning new Autofill feature (fills Usernames and Passwords on Apps)
- Google Protect security system
- New emojis
- Cool app icons
- New redesigned settings app
- Improved accessibility
- Backup your entire Device in order to protect your data
- Make sure to charge your device at least up to 60%
- Enable USB Debugging mode
- You should have installed the device drivers for your Android device
Complete Step By Step Instructions to Root Google Pixel
- Download Android SDK (Android Studio Developer Kit) from the Android Developers website and install it on your PC. Also make sure you set it up with downloading platform tools and USB driver packages. Or you can directly download ADB/Fastboot (Android SDK Platform Tools separate package) and install it on your PC. Download and extract it anywhere on your computer
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device
- Then download SuperSU v2.82-SR3 on your PC
- Now connect your device to the PC and mount it via the USB cable (Original Cable is recommended)
- Now copy the SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip file to your Device. Make sure not to copy the file into any of the folder, the file should be on the storage without folder
- Now turn OFF your phone
- Then download the latest TWRP Recovery for your device and save it to your android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory on your PC.
- Now get your device into Fastboot Mode
(Press and hold Volume Down + Power keys for few seconds)
- Then on the Fastboot mode Navigate to android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt there
- Type in the following command and press Enter
fastboot flash recovery *TWRP FILENAME*.img
- Once it is completed, select RECOVERY from Fastboot menu and enter into Recovery Mode
- In the TWRP Recovery click install and then select and locate to SuperSU file
- And then swipe to Confirm then it will flash on your Device
- When you confirm the installation then the installation procedure should start now
- Once the installation is completed reboot your device by the clicking the Reboot option
- Now the device will take about 5 minutes to boot for the first time.
That’s it, you are done. Now your Google Pixel/Nexus Device on Android Oreo should have successfully rooted. Check for the SuperSU app in your app drawer to verify.
To make sure that you have perfectly done the mentioned Root method, verify the Root access with Root Checker app, this can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
Now you can enjoy with the rooted Android Oreo Device. If you have anything to be mentioned please let us know it thorough the comment section as below