How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet was launched in July 2015 and it is a nice device comes with a remarkable developer support. Through this piece of writing I am going to show you how easily you can get root access on your S2 Tab on Lollipop firmware. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 device is for advanced Android users. Because it will make a huge difference in your Android’s system files by offering full access to the root of the file system.
The TWRP and CyanogenMod are already available for the device and the cf-autoroot files are also available that can be flashed with the Odin software specially developed for Samsung devices that is capable of flashing numerous files like TWRP, cf-autoroot, kernels and more. Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is available free of troubles on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based firmware and that can be flash the cf-autoroot.tar file directly. But if you are updated to Android 5.1.1 already, the story goes in a different way. They need to flash the custom kernel before move to the autoroot file. However if you already have installed TWRP, you can flash the SuperSu latest version in order to gain root access and manage the access for apps.
There are four different model numbers we have for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 device, so you have to identify the model no first and make sure you run the perfect tutorials for the relevant model. And this guide will help S2 SM-T710 / T810 / T715 / T815 variants to proceed rooting. A complete back up of your important data stored on the internal storage of your device is recommended before you start the procedures. And that will help you back up your important device data easily.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Make sure you have the perfect device and variant to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
- TWRP installed on the device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android.
- Make sure you have Samsung drivers installed on your PC.
- Up to 60% battery.
- Download the 7zip software in order to extract the zip files.
How to root Galaxy Tab S2 on Lollipop Firmware
- Step 1: Download the custom kernel for your Galaxy Tab S2, and extract it to get the kernel with .tar extension.
- Step 2: Then boot your device into the download mode. To do this, simply press and hold volume down + home + power button together for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle sign, press the volume up / down to enter Odin mode.
- Step 3: Then download the required Odin.zip file and extract it on your PC. As the result you will get the “Odin_v3.10.7.exe file. Open it as administrator to get to the Odin Window.
- Step 4: Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Step 5: When you make the connection, the ID: COM port on Odin will turn blue and at the same time you will get the “Added” message to say that the connection has successfully established.
- Step 6: Then click the AP button on Odin and add the firmware file (kernel.tar)
- Step 7: Make sure Re-partition check-box is not selected, under the option tab. Do not use PIT tab either.
- Step 8: Then click the start button on Odin to start flashing the root kernel on your Galaxy Tab S2. Wait till installation is finished, after which your device will reboot automatically. Upon successful installation from Odin, you will get a PASS message.
- Step 9: You should be able to see a new app in app drawer, called SuperSU. If not you can get it installed from the play store.
- Step 10: Open the SuperSU and you will have root access. That is all you have to do and enjoy the root access on your Galaxy Tab S2.
If you come across any boot-loop or some other system errors, a factory reset from stock recovery can be recommended to get rid of that. I hope I have helped S2 Tab users to get a clear knowledge about rooting the device. Warranty may be void if you root or install custom packages on your device but in the other hand rooting is the best way to experience the best of your Android device by revealing its full potential. Feedback appreciate on How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.