As the search engines give you so many result on how to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, still you might be confused which is the correct method for you. I tried some of the methods on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and found that rooting through TWRP Recovery is the perfect way to root Samsung Galaxy S8.
One thing to consider with this Rooting procedure is that this method here is recommended only for Exynos variants of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Don’t try this on any other variants as it could harm your device.
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus for sure will void your warranty. Make the decision before you get with action. The Developers and our websites never hold responsibility for your device.
We have listed up the supported variants below,
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
If you are not sure which variant is your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, you can check it at
Settings > About Device.
Download files to Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos variants)
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Exynos variants)
- Latest Odin 3.12.7
- Samsung Mobile drivers
Preparation for Rooting
- Completely backup your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.You may use appropriate App such as Titanium Backup App to do it well easily ans surely
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus at least up to 50%
- Make sure you have downloaded the above download files
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus
- Enable OEM Unlock on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus
To enable USB Debugging mode and OEM Unlock,
Go to Settings > About Phone > Software info > and tap on the Build Number continuously until it says “You are now a developer”
and then Go to Settings > Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock
Root Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus installing TWRP Recovery
- Save the TWRP zip file from the download section and save it on your desktop.
- Then install the downloaded ODIN.exe file into your PC
- Once the ODIN App is installed on your PC, run it.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus and boot into Download Mode.
(Press and hold Bixby + Volume down buttons and then press the Power button to boot into download mode quite quickly on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus
- Once the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus is entered into the download mode now connect it with the PC through the USB cable while the ODIN App open in the PC
- Odin will display you a message Added!! On the App screen
- Now click on the AP or PDA tab in the ODIN window and select the TWRP recovery.rar file that you have saved on your desktop
- Then click the Options tab on Odin and uncheck the Auto Reboot option
- And then click on the Start button to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus
- Once you get a PASS! Message in the Log tab, the TWRP is successfully installed.
- Then disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus from your PC
- Now directly reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus into TWRP recovery.
(Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus and hold Volume down + Power buttons together)
- Once you enter to the TWRP recovery mode, tap the Install option in TWRP menu and then navigate to the folder /twres/flashables/
- And here you will be able see two files
- To disable encryption/dm-crypt, simply flash “no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip”. This will disable dm-crypt and make data encryption optional. Then you can go to Wipe menu to wipe your data partition to finally disable encryption.
- Now to make the Root access on you Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, just flash neither “Magisk-v12.0-arm64.zip” nor SuperSu as your wish. This procedure will install Magisk on your phone.
- Once the flashing is completed tap on Reboot system to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
- That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
If you have any doubts or issues with the above method to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, let us know it through the comment section below.