How To Root Redmi Y1
The Redmi Y1 is launched by Xiaomi on the 2 November 2017. As you might know the key feature of the Redmi Y1 is its amazing Selfie Camera which is great with a 16 MP sensor with Selfie light. If you own one of Redmi Y1 as well as searching for a way to root Redmi Y1, then this is the best place achieve what you want. How To Root Redmi Y1 Article is divided into sections as Unlock the Bootloader, Install TWRP and root Redmi Y1.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is an Android device which is specially designed for those Selfie lovers who are seeking for a device for their need. When considering the Specifications, the Redmi Y1 is powered with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 1.4 GHz octa-core processor. As always, each and every variant of the Xiaomi phones comes packed with different Storage and RAM options, the Redmi Y1 also comes with 2 variant one is the 3GB of RAM with 32GB internal Storage and another one with a 4GB of RAM and 64GB Internal storage option. Also the Redmi Y1 has 3080 mAh battery and all of these are been used with the MIUI 9 Android-based OS.
While rooting the Redmi Y1, it allows you to open some of the gates on your handset which are currently not possible with the stock OS. Also, with root access you can do some extraordinary things in your Redmi Y1 such as you can Remove Bloatware (Unwanted pre-installed System Apps), install Kali Linux, System Tweaks, and enable impressive Gestures. In case if you aren’t satisfied with MIUI 9, then you can simply install a Custom ROM with the help of TWRP Recovery.
How to Root Redmi Y1
How To Root Redmi Y1 includes three step such as bellow,
- Unlock Bootloader
- Install TWRP
Now let’s Root Redmi Y1. You will follow the steps carefully to get the job done and the procedure is conducted with the help of a PC and you need to follow all three steps. Keep in mind that rooting Xiaomi Phones is a much easier process when compared with other brands. The only serious part of the procedure is unlocking the bootloader of the device, as it takes some time and the rooting process is simple which takes a little bit of time. Follow the steps without any confusions and once after everything is done, install SuperSU on your Redmi Y1 to manage the root permissions.
Now, simply get through the list of pre requirements to root redmi Y1 as below. Once you have fulfilled all of them, you can then proceed towards the instructions to root Redmi Y1.
- Get a full backup of the Redmi Y1, so that you do not have the risk of losing the data
- Install ADB and fastboot on your PC if you have not install
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Redmi y1
- Enable OEM unlocking on your Redmi Y1
(Go to settings > Developer Options > enable OEM Unlocking here)
- Make sure to charge your device at least up to 50%.
How TO Root Redmi Y1|Complete Guide
Step 1.Unlock the Bootloader of Redmi Y1
The first and most important thing to consider before while rooting Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is unlocking its bootloader. All the Xiaomi phone are designed with a locked bootloader. So, first of all we have to unlock the bootloader. Nothing to worry, as unlocking the bootloader is not that big deal. Carefully follow the below guide to Unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Y1.
Before you do, download and install Xiaomi Redmi Y1 USB Driver and ADB Fastboot Drivers from the links provided above in the download section in order connect your Redmi y1 with the PC.
Step 2.Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1
Once the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is unlocked the next process is pretty easy. Now, just boot your Redmi Y1 into the fastboot mode and provide the command that I have provided with the guide.
- Download the TWRP Recovery from the above download link.
- Once the TWRP file is downloaded, store it to the ADB Folder.
- Then in the folder where you have stored your downloaded twrp recovery open command window.
(Pressing Shift Key & Right Click of your mouse simultaneously. Then from the options, Choose Open Command Window Here.)
- Now, connect your Redmi Y1 into the computer using the USB Cable.
- Then in the command windows, Enter the below command to check whether your Redmi Y1 is connected good or not.
- If the Redmi Y1 is shown here in the command window then you are ready to move forward.
- Now type in the next command to boot the Redmi Y1 into Fasboot mode.
adb reboot fastboot
- Then as the final step is to flash TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Y1, type in the below command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now the TWRP Recovery will be installed on to your device within few seconds.
- Once the TWRP is successfully installed, you can simply reboot your device to make use of recovery, enter the command to do so
That’s all! This is how to flash TWRP Recovery into Redmi Y1 within few minutes of time. Now, lets move ahead and flash SuperSU in order to root Redmi Y1.
Step 3.Root Redmi Y1 with SuperSU
Rooting the Redmi is a very simple process once after installing TWRP Recovery. All you have to do is, just flash the downloaded SuperSU Flashable zip file into the device and you are done.
- Download SuperSU Zip file from the above link in the Downloads section.
- Place the downloaded SuperSU in the internal storage of the Redmi Y1.
- Now, boot your Redmi Y1 into TWRP Recovery.
(Power off your device, Press Power on button + Volume up button to boot into Recovery mode)
- Once you are in the Recovery interface. Choose Install option from the Menu and navigate to the SuperSU.zip file where you have placed it.
- Then, it will take a few seconds to flash it on your device.
- After installation Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Now simply click the Reboot Option to get back into the system.
So, now you have successfully root Redmi Y1 has grant root access on it. If you want to further confirm whether your device is rooted or not, you can simply check it with Root Checker App.
Anyway,you don’t try to this method still release the official TWRP.But you can root Redmi Y1 with Some One-Click Rooting tools such as Dr.Fone,KingoRoot,KingRoot..etc.You can try with them to root your Android Device easily.
Read More-Reach Your Goal With Top 20 Best Root Apps For Rooted Android Devices(Phones/Tablets)
If you face any problems with our Root guide, please feel free to let us know them through the comment section.