Huawei P9 was announced on 2016, April.
- P9 runs with Android OS v6.0 (Marshmallow).
- “Quad-core 2.5GHx Cortex-A72” & “quad-core 1.8GHz Cortex A-53” are processors that are used to control two models of P9 (64GB internal/4GB RAM version [EVA-L29] and 32GB/3GB RAM version[EVA-L19/EVA-L09]).
- Graphic processing unit is Mali-T880 MP4 and the device contains “HiSilicon Kirin 955” chipset.
- This device design is really amazing. Dual camera technology has been used as the primary camera and its pixel value is 13MP. Secondary camera is 8MP.
- Huawei has added a finger print sensor to this design, it will increase the safety and security of this device.
Before root Huawei P9, lets see what is root. When we are considering about rooting, it’s better to start with a brief description regarding the process. Rooting gives plenty of benefits to your android device. Basically rooting means gaining privileges to your device system files. Rooting gives you permission to install customized ROMs, remove unwanted manufacturer apps, Overclock and under clock your device and many more features without any restriction. You will also be able to block in apps ads. Do you like to customize your android device freely? Yes, of course you should do it. Let’s see how to root Huawei P9 my friends.
Please follow the rooting procedure carefully. Do not miss any of the steps.
Root Huawei P9
Prerequisites to root Huawei P9
- Please make sure that your device battery percentage is at least 70%
- You will need a USB cable to connect the device to your PC.
- Please download “ADB and Fastboot” drivers and complete the installation on your.
- Download TWRP Tool to make the recovery for your device and extract it in your PC.
- Find SuperSU-beta.zip root package from the above downloaded package and copy(.zip file) to your device SD card or OTG.(Internal memory cannot be mounted on the TWRP)
- Download all files using this link “root Huawei P9“. Extarct the zip file.
TWRP installation for root Huawei P9
- At first you should enable USB debugging on your Huawei device. (Go to “Settings”|“About Device” and tap seven times on the build number; you will see a notification saying that “you are now several steps away from being a developer” after tapping 2 or 3 times on the build number. Please continue seven 7 taps)
- Go back to the settings menu. Now you will be able to see something called “Developer Options” before the “About device” tab, open it and select USB “debugging option” and “Unknown Sources” option.
- Now you should reboot your device in fastboot mode. (Turn off the device and Long press the volume down button until you see the fastboot screen. Then connect your device to the PC)
- Open extracted TWRP folder and open INSTALAR-TWRP-HUAWEI9.bat and run the command prompt.
- Press Enter button twice.
- Wait sometime to complete the process.
- TWRP installation is completed.
- Switch off your device.
Configure root access
- Boot your Huawei P9 in to recovery mode. ( Press and hold Volume up button + Power button)
- In recovery mode scroll the menu and locate the “SuperSU.zip” file (root package).
- Select it and start root package installation.
- Wait for a while to complete the installation.
- Please reboot your device twice. Done…!. You have rooted your Huawei P9 successfully. Have fun with your device.
- If you want to see the rooting status, download “Root Checker” from play store.
Note: Rooting will void your device warranty. This is a proven method for several devices. I am not responsible for any issue occurred on your device. Follow the process carefully and do it at your own risk. Thank you…! Feedback will appreciate.