Huawei P8 is a budget friendly Android device that is available from April, 2015 in the market. This device is based on android 5.0.2(lollipop). P8 is powered with Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 (CPU), Mali-T628 MP4 (GPU), HiSilicon Kirin 930/935 (Chipset) and 3GB of RAM. It holds 16/64GB internal memory.
This article will assist you to carefully root your Huawei P8. Follow Below steps.
**Please make sure your device battery percentage is at least 75% before starting the process to avoid unexpected power failures. **
Unlock bootloader before Root Huawei P8
- Go to settingsàabout deviceà tap 7 times on the “Build Number” to enable developer options on your mobile.
- Again, Go to Settings à Developer optionsà enable USB debugging
- Download and install Huawei USB drivers to your PC.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot to your PC. (Once you run ADB make all the answers “Yes” and press enter)
- Open Huawei bootloader unlocking page and login to get your bootloader unlock key. ( Please register by filling the details if you don’t have an account)
- Read terms and conditions carefully and click next.
- Request required information that you want and click submit button.
- You will be able to obtain a unique 16 digit code if everything is correct.
- Using the USB cable connect your P8 to the PC.( Don’t forget to give required permission for the connection)
- Start booting your device in to bootloader using following command on ADB. (Command: adb reboot bootloader)
- After entering bootloader mode enter following comman containing your unlock code to unlock bootloader. (Command: fastbootoem unlock your-unlock-password)Note: Black text off the command should be replaced with the above 16 digit key.
- This process will start automatically and once it is finished your smart device will reboot.
Now you have unlocked the bootloader of your device.
Install TWRP recovery to Huawei P8
- Download TWRP to your PC from below link. (twrp-22.214.171.124-p8.img) Link:https://dl.twrp.me/p8/
- Copy above .img file to the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Start ADB and Fastboot command prompt andrun it under recovery’s .img file. (twrp-126.96.36.199-p8.img)
- Execute following commands;
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- cd Desktop
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-188.8.131.52-p8.img
Cheers, TWRP recovery has been successfully updated in to your Huawei P8. Now follow below steps to gain root access to your device.
Steps to Root Huawei P8
- At first, please copy all valuable document, files, images and videos from your device and make backups for contacts and sms, otherwise you will lose all the documents from your device.
- Next download SuperSU root package to your PC and copy it (SuperSU.zip) to your device memory and SD card. Link:
- Switch off your device.
- Boot your P8 in to recovery mode. ( Press and hold Volume down button + Power button together)
- Once you are inside the recovery menu, choose install and locate the root package to install.
- After completing the root process go back to the recovery menu and select reboot device.
To check your root configuration, please install “Root Checker” from the android play store.
Now you try any customized ROMs and apps on your Huawei P8 mobile. Good luck and have fun. Thank you…!
Note: I’m not responsible for any issue regarding your rooted device. Do it at your own risk…!