Welcome Xiaomi Mi Mix users. As we all now Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is really a great Android device with some really amazing hardware and design. With all that, Mi Mix 2 still can be still improved just by rooting it.
Happy news for all the rooting fans is, now the rooting is available for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. This rooting method for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is done with TWRP Recovery and the Root access is made with Magisk.
Probably, the LineageOS 15 has released for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 which is comparably relative for Android Oreo.
So, lets get with the Root guide and make things happen with the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
As we are installing TWRP Recovery on to the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, it makes some effect to the system checks and stuff. This could result the device to not to restart properly if adequate care is not taken. It is highly recommended to install Magisk on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 to not only gain root access via it, but also it keeps the device okay with system checks. Therefore, just follow the below guide and install Magisk as said (do not stop after installing TWRP).
Once you Root your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 following the given guide, you warranty may void. We don’t take responsibility for your device and you are the only one who is responsible for your own device.
This method I will be explain below is supported only for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, codename chiron, don’t try this on Any other devices. If you want to Root any other Android devices you can simply click here.
Preparation to Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Charge your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 at least up to 60%
- Make sure to backup your whole device
- Download the required files before you begin the process
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Guide – Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Once, you are prepared to Root your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Download the above provided download files
- Unlock the Bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Transfer the Downloaded Magisk file into the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Transfer the Magisk file to your Mi Mix 2
(at the same time keep TWRP file on PC)
- Next, setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Now, open a command window on the folder where you have the downloaded TWRP file on your PC.
(enter the Specific folder and there right click on the free space on the folder while holding the shift key and click on Open command window here)
- Then, reboot your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 into fastboot mode.
(turn off the Mi Mix 2 and turn it on by long pressing Volume Down and Power buttons together)
(if not press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together)
- Now, connect your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 to the PC using a USB cable (using the cable that comes with the box is safe)
- Once the device is connected with the PC, install TWRP recovery by providing the following command.
fastboot flash recovery xiaomi-mi-mix-2-chiron-twrp.img
- When it is done, just reboot your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 into TWRP recovery mode by using the below command
fastboot boot xiaomi-mi-mix-2-chiron-twrp.img
- Now in TWRP, allow for System modifications when it asks for it. You may have to swipe right for this.
- Then, let’s root the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- In TWRP Recovery menu, just tap on the Install button, and then select the Magisk zip file you moved to the device earlier
- Then, again do the swipe action at bottom to install the Magisk root tool
- Once it is done, tap on the Back button to go back to the main screen of TWRP
- Now, tap on Reboot option and then the device will restart
That’s it, now you have root access on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Enjoy things with Root access.